Leka Wild Bow Tie Collar
Hemp & Organic Cotton
Walk on the wild side! This hand-painted print is everything your pup needs to look a little untamed but friendly. An exclusive collar and bow tie set, handmade with hemp and certified organic cotton.
We named this set LEKA, meaning "play" in Swedish. It's durable and easy to clean, making it the perfect collar for those playdates and adventures when dirt and stains are inevitable. No two bow ties are identical, with each of them painted by hand.
Modelled by Chibo in XS collar + Puppy bow tie
Every order plants a native tree in Australia.
Please allow a two-finger gap when you measure for a comfortable and secure fit.
|XXSmall||12cm - 20cm (5"-8")||1.5cm (5/8")|
|XSmall (Slim)||17cm - 25cm (7"-10")||1.5cm (5/8")|
|XSmall||17cm - 25cm (7"-10")||2cm (3/4")|
|Small||23cm - 35cm (9"-14")||2cm (3/4")|
|Medium||30cm - 45cm (12"-18")||2.5cm (1")|
|Large||36cm - 60cm (14"-24")||2.5cm (1")|
Bow Tie Size
Each bow tie is completed with biodegradable elastics on the back for easy attachment.
|Puppy||7cm x 5cm||Very small dogs, puppies, cats|
|Standard||9cm x 6.5cm||Smaller dogs, lady dogs, and dogs looking for that classic bow tie look|
|Large||12cm x 9cm||Bigger dogs, dogs with long fur, or small dogs looking to make a statement|
All measurements are approximate and may vary slightly due to each being lovingly handmade.
Benefits of hemp
Hemp is one of the oldest fibres in the world and also one of the most sustainable. It requires virtually no pesticides and all parts of the plant can be used. The fabric has been softened naturally with fruit enzymes which means even the most sensitive skinned pups can wear it. Other natural advantages include: it protects from UV rays, it's naturally resistant to mold, bacteria and mildew, it's lightweight and breathable, and it's 10 times stronger than cotton.
Why we choose certified organic cotton
Did you know that conventionally grown (non-organic) cotton uses more insecticides than any other crop in the world? These toxic chemicals are harmful for farmers and workers, to us as consumers, wildlife, and entire eco systems.
Benefits of certified organic cotton
- It is grown in a way that uses methods that lessen the impact on our environment, such as improved soil fertility and use of less fuel, water and energy to produce.
- The crops aren't treated with pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO).
- It's free from toxic dyes & fabric treatments including formaldehyde, heavy metals & aromatic solvents
- People and pets with chemical sensitivity and allergies can wear organic cotton safely.
- The farming is safer for workers on cotton plantations, avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals.
- It promotes a sustainable supply chain. Factories must abide by strict manufacturing criteria, fair working conditions and use no child labour.
We believe that choosing certified organic cotton is socially, ethically & environmentally responsible and is the best choice for us our our best friend's health.
Hand wash or machine wash cold on delicate cycle inside a laundry bag or pillowcase to protect hardware. Hang to dry away from direct sunlight. We recommend to use an environmentally friendly laundry detergent or gentle soap. Alternatively, spot clean with a stain remover.
To prolong the life of your item and avoid excess staining, please remove the item before rough play dates or muddy adventures. Although very durable, we do not recommend salt water exposure for our hardware.