Leka Wild Dog Collar
Hemp & Organic Cotton
Sustainable, earth-friendly, and simply beautiful. The LEKA (meaning "play" in Swedish) collar is exclusively handmade with hemp and certified organic cotton. A durable and easy to clean canvas fabric, making it a perfect collar for those playdates and adventures when dirt and stains are inevitable.
- Natural materials outside and inside - soft and gentle on sensitive pups.
- Reinforced stitching on all stress points for a more durable collar.
- Heavy-duty brass or silver hardware - no worry about rusting over time.
Every order plants a native tree in Australia.
All measurements below are approximate and may vary slightly due to each being lovingly handmade. Need a different size? Send us an email or leave a note in cart and we will customize the collar to fit at no extra charge.
|XSmall (Slim)||17cm - 25cm||1.5cm|
|XSmall||17cm - 25cm||2cm|
|Small||23cm - 35cm||2cm|
|Medium||30cm - 45cm||2.5cm|
|Large||36cm - 60cm||2.5cm|
Hygge Macramé Collar
To find the perfect size, use a soft tape measure and place it around the widest part of your pup’s neck. Allow enough free space between the collar and the neck by placing two fingers under the tape measure. Write down the measurements and decide the right size based on the chart below:
|XS||22cm - 25cm||3cm + 2cm buckle|
|S||26cm - 32cm||3cm + 2cm buckle|
|M||33cm - 40cm||3cm + 2cm buckle|
|L||39cm - 50cm||3cm + 2.5cm buckle|
|XL||45cm - 60cm||3cm + 2.5cm buckle|
Benefits of hemp
Hemp is one of the oldest fibres in the world and also one of the most sustainable. It requires virtually no pesticides and all parts of the plant can be used. The fabric has been softened naturally with fruit enzymes which means even the most sensitive skinned pups can wear it. Other natural advantages include: it protects from UV rays, it's naturally resistant to mold, bacteria and mildew, it's lightweight and breathable, and it's 10 times stronger than cotton.
Why we choose certified organic cotton
Did you know that conventionally grown (non-organic) cotton uses more insecticides than any other crop in the world? These toxic chemicals are harmful for farmers and workers, to us as consumers, wildlife, and entire eco systems.
Benefits of certified organic cotton
- It is grown in a way that uses methods that lessen the impact on our environment, such as improved soil fertility and use of less fuel, water and energy to produce.
- The crops aren't treated with pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO).
- It's free from toxic dyes & fabric treatments including formaldehyde, heavy metals & aromatic solvents
- People and pets with chemical sensitivity and allergies can wear organic cotton safely.
- The farming is safer for workers on cotton plantations, avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals.
- It promotes a sustainable supply chain. Factories must abide by strict manufacturing criteria, fair working conditions and use no child labour.
We believe that choosing certified organic cotton is socially, ethically & environmentally responsible and is the best choice for us our our best friend's health.
Hand wash or machine wash cold on delicate cycle inside a laundry bag or pillowcase to protect hardware. Hang to dry away from direct sunlight. We recommend to use an environmentally friendly laundry detergent or gentle soap. Alternatively, spot clean with a stain remover.
To prolong the life of your item and avoid excess staining, please remove the item before rough play dates or muddy adventures. Although very durable, we do not recommend salt water exposure for our hardware.