Leka WILD Collar | Hemp & Organic Cotton
Collar Size Guide
Please allow a one-finger gap (smaller dogs) or a two-finger gap (bigger dogs) when you measure for a comfortable and secure fit.
|X-Small||17cm - 25cm||1.5cm (5/8″)|
|Small||23cm - 35cm||2cm (3/4″)|
|Medium||26cm - 40cm||2.5cm (1″)|
|Large||36cm - 60cm||2.5cm (1″)|
Collar Care Instructions
Hand wash or machine wash cold on delicate cycle inside a laundry bag or pillowcase to protect hardware. Hang to dry. We recommend to use an environmentally friendly laundry detergent or gentle soap. Alternatively, spot clean with a stain remover.
To prolong the life of your collar and avoid excess staining, please remove the collar before rough play dates or muddy adventures. Please note, we do not recommend salt water exposure for our hardware.
Sustainable, earth-friendly, and simply beautiful. The LEKA (meaning "play" in Swedish) collar is exclusively handmade with hemp and certified organic cotton. A heavy weight fabric collar that's easy to clean, making it not only a great choice for eco conscious pups and pawrents, but also for those play dates and adventures when dirt and stains are inevitable.
- Fully adjustable, heavy weight fabric collar
- Natural materials outside AND inside - soft and gentle on sensitive pups
- Reinforced stitching on all stress points for a more durable collar
- Heavy duty brass or metal hardware - no worry about rusting over time
Benefits of wearing hemp
Hemp is one of the oldest fibres in the world and also one of the most sustainable. It requires virtually no pesticides and all parts of the plant can be used. The fabric has been softened naturally with fruit enzymes which means even the most sensitive skinned pups can wear it. Other natural advantages include: it protects from UV rays, it's naturally resistant to mold, bacteria and mildew, it's lightweight and breathable, and it's 10 times stronger than cotton.
Why we choose certified organic cotton
Did you know that conventionally (non-organic) grown cotton uses more insecticides than any other crop in the world? These toxic chemicals are harmful for farmers and workers, to us as consumers, wildlife, and entire eco systems.
Benefits of certified organic cotton:
- It is grown in a way that uses methods that lessen the impact on our environment, such as improved soil fertility and use of less fuel, water and energy to produce.
- The crops aren't treated with pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO).
- It's free from toxic dyes & fabric treatments including formaldehyde, heavy metals & aromatic solvents.
- People and pets with chemical sensitivity and allergies can wear organic cotton safely.
- The farming is safer for workers on cotton plantations, avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals.
- It promotes a sustainable supply chain. Factories must abide by strict manufacturing criteria, fair working conditions and use no child labour.
We believe that choosing certified organic cotton is socially, ethically & environmentally responsible and is the best choice for us our our best friend's health.