The LEKA (meaning "play" in Swedish) leash is exclusively handmade with hemp and certified organic cotton. This upholstery like eco fabric is easier to care for than most other fabric leashes.
- Standard leash 120cm / 4ft - choose 1.5cm or 2cm wide
- Natural materials outside AND inside - soft and gentle on sensitive pups
- Reinforced stitching on all stress points for a more durable leash
- Heavy duty brass or metal hardware - no worry about rusting over time
- Completed with a D-ring for attaching a waste bag holder
Benefits of hemp
Hemp is one of the oldest fibres in the world and also one of the most sustainable. It requires virtually no pesticides and all parts of the plant can be used. The fabric has been softened naturally with fruit enzymes which means even the most sensitive skinned pups can wear it. Other natural advantages include: it protects from UV rays, it's naturally resistant to mold, bacteria and mildew, it's lightweight and breathable, and it's 10 times stronger than cotton.
Why we choose certified organic cotton
Did you know that conventionally (non-organic) grown cotton uses more insecticides than any other crop in the world? These toxic chemicals are harmful for farmers and workers, to us as consumers, wildlife, and entire eco systems.
Benefits of certified organic cotton:
- It is grown in a way that uses methods that lessen the impact on our environment, such as improved soil fertility and use of less fuel, water and energy to produce.
- The crops aren't treated with pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO).
- It's free from toxic dyes & fabric treatments including formaldehyde, heavy metals & aromatic solvents.
- People and pets with chemical sensitivity and allergies can wear organic cotton safely.
- The farming is safer for workers on cotton plantations, avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals.
- It promotes a sustainable supply chain. Factories must abide by strict manufacturing criteria, fair working conditions and use no child labour.
We believe that choosing certified organic cotton is socially, ethically & environmentally responsible and is the best choice for us our our best friend's health.