Leka Berry Strap Dog Harness
The LEKA (meaning "play" in Swedish) strap harness is exclusively handmade with hemp and certified organic cotton. This eco canvas fabric is easier to care for than other fabric harnesses, and can be worn on those play dates and adventures when dirt and stains are inevitable.
- Four adjustment points for a customized fit.
- Leash attachment at the back and at the front.
- Heavy-duty metal hardware.
Every order plants a native tree in Australia.
To find the right size there are two important measurements for this harness, the neck opening and the girth measurement.
Neck opening: You want to make sure your pup's head can fit through the neck opening. Simply measure around the widest part of his/her head. This measurement must be smaller than the "neck opening" size.
Girth measurement: Girth refers to the circumference of your pup's chest at its largest point, which is typically an inch or two behind the front legs. Simply measure directly behind your pup's front legs all the way around his/her body.
|Size||Neck opening||Girth measurement||Strap width|
|XSmall||20cm - 32cm (8"-12.5")||22cm - 35cm (12.5"-14")||1.5cm (5/8")|
|Small||22cm - 37cm (12.5"-14.5")||30cm - 50cm (12"-20")||2cm (3/4")|
|Medium||30cm - 45cm (12"-17.5")||35cm - 65cm (12.5"-26")||2.5cm (1")|
|Large||40cm - 70cm (12"-17.5")||50cm - 90cm (20"-35.5")||2.5cm (1")|
All measurements are approximate and may vary slightly due to each being lovingly handmade. Need a different size? Send us an email or leave a note in cart and we will customize the harness to fit at no extra charge.
Please note, our XS harness does not come with a D-ring at the front. This is to make it as small and lightweight as possible. You can still use the O-ring at the front.
Benefits of hemp
Hemp is one of the oldest fibres in the world and also one of the most sustainable. It requires virtually no pesticides and all parts of the plant can be used. The fabric has been softened naturally with fruit enzymes which means even the most sensitive skinned pups can wear it. Other natural advantages include: it protects from UV rays, it's naturally resistant to mold, bacteria and mildew, it's lightweight and breathable, and it's 10 times stronger than cotton.
Why we choose certified organic cotton
Did you know that conventionally grown (non-organic) cotton uses more insecticides than any other crop in the world? These toxic chemicals are harmful for farmers and workers, to us as consumers, wildlife, and entire eco systems.
Benefits of certified organic cotton
- It is grown in a way that uses methods that lessen the impact on our environment, such as improved soil fertility and use of less fuel, water and energy to produce.
- The crops aren't treated with pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO).
- It's free from toxic dyes & fabric treatments including formaldehyde, heavy metals & aromatic solvents
- People and pets with chemical sensitivity and allergies can wear organic cotton safely.
- The farming is safer for workers on cotton plantations, avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals.
- It promotes a sustainable supply chain. Factories must abide by strict manufacturing criteria, fair working conditions and use no child labour.
We believe that choosing certified organic cotton is socially, ethically & environmentally responsible and is the best choice for us our our best friend's health.
Hand wash or machine wash cold on delicate cycle inside a laundry bag or pillowcase to protect hardware. Hang to dry away from direct sunlight. We recommend to use an environmentally friendly laundry detergent or gentle soap. Alternatively, spot clean with a stain remover.
To prolong the life of your item and avoid excess staining, please remove the item before rough play dates or muddy adventures. Although very durable, we do not recommend salt water exposure for our hardware.