Hemp is one of the oldest fibres in the world and is similar to linen in texture. The fabric has been softened naturally with fruit enzymes which means even the most sensitive furry friend can wear it.Other natural advantages include:
- It's cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- It's easy care, softens with each wear and wash, and creases less than other natural fibres.
- It's naturally resistant to mildew, bacteria, and insects.
- It has in-built UV protection, blocking up to 95% of the sun's harmful rays.
- It's lightweight and has great absorbency and "breathability" due to the shape of the fibre.
- It's 3 times stronger than cotton and 25 times more durable.
- It's better for our planet. Hemp is grown chemical free, enriches its soil, saves water and produces more fibre per area than other sources.
Our hemp fabric is GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified – meaning that at least 90% of the fibres are certified organic, no harmful chemicals have been used at any stage of the production process, water has been treated to a very high standard before release, and that workers safety and rights issues have been honoured.
Hand wash and hang to dry away from direct sunlight. We recommend to use an environmentally friendly laundry detergent or gentle soap. Alternatively, spot clean with a stain remover.
Although very durable, our accessories are not meant for rough wear. To prolong the life of your item, please remove before play dates and spot clean only. Never leave your furry friend unattended wearing a bandana, bow tie or any other accessory.